Thursday, March 7, 2013

fussy






The fussy kinglet
rushes, ground-to-branch-to-ground...
What will the night bring?

_________


Nada Hermitage is a Carmelite community and retreat center I have enjoyed visiting in Crestone, CO. Upon entering the retreat center grounds at Nada ("nothing," "zero") one passes a sign which reads, "All who enter, no fuss!"  I still laugh aloud whenever I pass the sign; such a playful invitation to release the stuff in my life that I choose to fuss about, complain about, and react to unnecessarily. This week the tiny kinglet was my teacher of this same lesson.

All who enter this day, this precious moment of life, no fuss!




Photo Credit: Dave Cagnolatti & Weeks Bay Reserve Foundation
http://www.weeksbay.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment

When even the shadows can heal

           Yet more than ever believers were added to the Lord, great numbers of both men and women, so that they even carried out the sick...